Overview of Enfield
Here at Enfield Council, our mission is to create a “lifetime of opportunity for our residents’. We are an ambitious Council, serving a population of over 350,000 people and this is reflected in our Council plan to deliver better and more efficient services to all who live, work, study and visit our borough. Our Council plan outlines how we will deliver this vision by prioritising our objectives, managing our resources effectively and exploring new, innovative ways to deliver services.
We have pledged to deliver and drive the following:
- Good homes and well-connected neighbourhoods;
- Sustain strong and healthy communities;
- Build our local economy to create a thriving place.
We embrace our diversity, culture and heritage and have a relentless focus on reducing inequalities to make Enfield a place for people to enjoy from childhood to old age. Our strategic priorities are:
- Increasing the amount of affordable accommodation for local people;
- Encouraging businesses to move to the Borough and employ residents;
- Enabling people to reach their potential by providing high quality schools and more training opportunities;
- Reducing health inequalities and improving wellbeing.
Every Council service and employee has a part to play realising in our vision and this is reflected in our organisational values:
- Take Responsibility
- Be Open, Honest and Respectful
- Listen and Learn
- Work together to find solutions
Equality and inclusion must be at the heart of everything we do as we embark on ambitious regeneration projects, grow our business sector and attract new industries.