This is an exciting opportunity to join Enfield and support vulnerable children young people and their families to achieve the best possible outcomes. You will need to be committed to delivering high standards across Children and Family Services working with colleagues and partners to make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND and their families.
With a highly diverse population of over 330,000 of which over 80,000 are children and young people, Enfield is the place where you can make a difference to people’s lives.
Enfield prides itself on having a supportive work culture and stable management team that gives staff the autonomy they need to deliver a first-class service that helps, supports and protects vulnerable people and communities. Moving forward, we are keen to develop new ways of working across the broader partnership, creating a shared culture and vision which puts children and young people at its heart
In addition to a competitive salary, our commitment to you is:
- Up to 10 study days per annum
- Clear career progression pathways
- Flexible work practices
- Up to 31 days leave including bank holidays, with the option to buy up to an additional 10 days of annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Our practice is underpinned by high expectations and professional standards and promises to our children, young people and families. Our chosen model across the safeguarding partnership is Signs of Safety, practice in underpinned by trauma informed practice training.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our families at the heart of everything we do. If you have the vision, ambition and strategic leadership skills to join our senior management team, we would like to hear from you
Director of Children and Family Services